Thanks to KSRCT for the amazing 3D printing course

 On March 21, I returned home after finishing my 10th class board exams. I was ecstatic and anticipated having a wonderful holiday season. My mom had taken me to visit KSR College of Technology along with my brother, Yoogesh. I was excited about it and felt extremely delighted about it. I was taken to the Idea Lab and given a tour by the principal, Gopalakrishnan Sir, and Bharani Mam. It offered excellent amenities, such as a computer lab, a laser printing lab, a UV resin printing lab, a metal cutting lab, a wood printer, and a 3D printing facility.

Visiting Idea Lab with Principal Dr.Gopalakrishnan



When I first entered the lab, I was amazed. In particular, 3D printing piqued my interest. Gopalakrishnan Sir allowed me to visit the lab every day after noticing my curiosity. This had me incredibly pumped up. I started going to college every day. I would travel on the college bus. I learned a lot in only a few short weeks thanks to the lab supervisors, Srinithi mam and Kathiresan Sir. In addition, a few of the college brothers assisted me in learning a great deal of new information. They showed me how to design models for the 3D printer using Fusion 360 software.

With the help of Mam and the other brothers, I was able to create Gear, a Bolt, and a Diamond.


They taught me about operating a 3D printer and helped me to print my own Batarang and a lotus coin successfully.


Lotus Coin

Batarang


Srinithi mam taught me about using a resin printer. She helped me to print a wen chain using the UV printer. This has helped me a lot and I was able to learn many things in the span of a week.


I am quite appreciative of getting this fantastic chance. Future learning is something I'm hoping for.
I want to express my gratitude to the Principal, Dr. Gopalakrishnan, as well as to Dr.Bharani and Srinithi mam and all the brothers who helped me have a fantastic and unforgettable experience.

My Learnings:

  • Filament: Plastic thread that is melted to be layered
  • X-axis motor: Enables the Extruder to move right and left.
  • Y-axis motor: Enables the Extruder to move front and back.
  • Z-axis motor: Enables the Extruder to move up and down.
  • Nozzle: the part where the filament is heated, and layer is put.
  • Bed: Surface where the printing process is carried out. It is heated at an appropriate temperature to prevent the model from sticking.
The device with Temperature and Printing controls

UV Resin printer




Resin: Semi-liquid substance that is sensitive to UV light and turns into a hard solid mass.

After the printing process, propylene wash is done in order to remove the excess resin and dry the model on the outside.















UV drying or curing is done to ensure the total drying of the model.

Printing a wen chain using a resin printer.



Handwritten daily report:

Daily Report


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessings from Mom & Dad to Sharvesh on 12th Birthday!

A Sneak Peak into SSVM Hostel Life